California

California

Mittwoch, 3. August 2016

Bahama Mama

Palm trees, ocean breeze, salt in the air, sand in my hair!



Hey guys, in my last post I told you about my springbreak vacation in Cancun. But like you already know after our 3 days stay in Cancun, my two travel buddies and me flew to the Bahamas. To be honest I never saw something more beautiful than the Bahamas. It was just breathtaking and totally worth it! But let me tell you more about my stay there in this post.

Let me start there where I ended the last post in fact as we were waiting at the airport in Cancun. Our flight left really early and we had a short layover in Miami, USA. Then we catched our connecting flight and we flew around an hour. We already had such amazing views down from the plane over the islands and the ocean. I literally was so excited and cant wait to explore this famous island. We landed and got picked up from a man who drove us to our Airbnb. It was the first time that I did Airbnb accept in Cancun and we just made good experiences. Our airbnb host gave us a ride along the beach, to downtown and then back to our room. We relaxed there for a while and then started walking along the beach back to downtown. We had a beach called Junkanoo beach really near by. It took us roughly 20 min to the souvenir shops. We already bought some stuff and then walked on and got hungry. Our Airbnb host gave us some good tips and we decided to try the restaurant Fat Tuesday, because you have a really nice view over the ocean. We got a first row table and enjoyed some burgers with fries and a Bahama Mama Cocktail! Afterwards we walked back to our Condo bc we were tired and didn't had a lot of sleep during the last night. On Wednesday we woke up and walked to a really small "grocery store" where we just found a little bag of cookies and a lot of water bottels. We brought them back home and then walked to the front street respectively main street and catched a bus. Its funny but at the Bahamas you can catch the bus everywhere and you just have to give the busdriver a handsign and he will stop. We drove for almost an hour along the coast and went out at Clifton Heritage Nationalpark. This was another recommendation from our airbnb host and at this point I didn't know that I will be at the most beautiful place this day. The nationalpark had a fee, I think it was about 8$ and it includes around 5 beaches and a place to snorkel. We just walked along for 1 more hour. At the end we arrived at the Jaws Beach. Totally my favourite! I never saw something more beautiful before. It looks so unreal and like one of those perfect advertising posters or advertising spots. The water is so clear and blue and for sure amazing. We relaxed there for a while, took some pictures and then walked back to one of the other beaches. There were some sunlounger and we used them at a totally empty place to enjoy the sun and the view. Around 5 pm we got really hungry bc we didn't had anything big to eat before. We walked back for around 30 minutes and then tried to called the busdriver who gave us his phone number for a ride back to downtown. We actually didn't reached him and didn't know what to do bc there aren't any other public transportation at this point. A really nice security man talked to us and then drove us all the way back to the main street in front of our airbnb. This evening we had dinner at a bar/ grill which is famous for their good food. We all tried a conch burger which was literally so good! On the Bahamas they have a lot of sea food and I would describe conch really similar to calamaris. Afterwards we walked back to our condo and felt asleep. On Thursday we decided to enjoy the day and don't plan that much. We first took the bus to downtown and had some Starbucks drinks. I had the Java Chip Chocolate like always. We walked to the ocean front and found a cute, smart wall with all the Bahamian Islands. We strolled along from downtown to our beach, the closest one to our room. We relaxed there, took some pictures, swam in the water and tanned ourselves. A few hours later we got ready to walk to the fish fry area. It's a really cute street with a lot of different restaurants, bars and colorful houses. We had a big portion of conch, rice and other sides. Afterwards we enjoyed a really cold, frozen strawberry daiquiri cocktail at a little bar. On the Bahamas and at Cancun too they serve the most cocktails frozen what is so delicious. In the late evening we walked back home and it is really kinda scared there. Almost every person tried to talk to us, honked or stopped with the car. I'm not quite sure if I would walk there by my own... Friday morning, our last day began. I was so so so excited because this was the day we did the most amazing tour to the Exumas. It was really expensive but totally worth the money. We took the bus early in the morning and drove to the meeting point. We were just a group of 8 people and climbed on a little speed boat. Omg this was so much fun! We drove around 2 and a half hour thru the clear blue ocean to our first stop called Allans Cay. There we got some grapes and fed the Iguanas which live on this island. I was so impressed from those views. Afterwards we drove further to the Exuma Island where the world famous pigs live. Best experience I ever made. We took some pictures with them and feed them 
with carrots. There were big ones and also kinda small ones. We stayed there for approximately 30 minutes and then took the boat to our next stop. It's called Staniel Cay and we had some lunch at the yacht club there. The food looked good and we had a nice view to some nursery sharks. They were so close by and afterwards we strocked them. It was possible to go into the water to them but nobody was brave enough. What a bummer! Then we went back on the boat and drove back for 2 and a half more hours. It was so nice and I really enjoyed it. The only problem was my sunburn. While still siting on the boat I couldnt felt my legs, arms and shoulders anymore. I didn't had anything to protect them and got red and more red. When we arrived back at Nassau I wasn't able to walk normal. I had such a pain but it was my mistake. We stayed in downtown, had some tapas for dinner and waited for two friends of Lena, which flew to the Bahamas over the weekend. They were really nice and we spent our last hours all together. Next to the little restaurant was Senior Frogs and we wanted to finish the perfect vacation with a big cocktail. We all had large margaritas or daiquiris. Meanwhile we saw such a beautiful sunset. Around midnight we went back home. I had circa 6 icecold showers this night and not that much sleep. On Saturday we packed our suitcases and left the Airbnb. Nadine started earlier but Lena and me had a little bit more time. We went to downtown one last time and had some breakfast there. Around 1 pm we took the bus to the airport and there we left each other. I waited for my plane and first flew to Charlotte, North Carolina. I had a layover for 3 hours and then took the plane back home to San Francisco. It was such an amazing and perfect vacation I'll never forget. Thanks to the two girls who made it so special! I hope you enjoyed reading my blogpost.





   

































Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen